Friday, February 20, 2015

Why I Want to Go to College

        College can have a big impact on your life. Why do you want to go to college?When I go to college I want to be a success in my own eyes, not what other people see. I want to be known as confident and determined to achieve my goals. I want to go to college because college could decide where I spend most of my time when I’m older. But once I’m done with college, I will keep growing and learning more about my job. I won’t stop until I have pleased myself. “Follow your dreams,” someone said to me. And that’s exactly what I’m going to do. 
One thing I want to achieve before I go to college is get a scholarship. The college I want to go to when I’m older is the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.  I want to play Nebraska Volleyball as a setter. One of my dreams is to do that, and become a professional athlete. I have always wanted to do this for as long as I can remember. I love volleyball and all other sports and want to continue them for a long time.  But I will always have a back-up plan. I will get a degree in nursing, and work in a hospital in later years. If I decide to continue nursing, I will go to another college, maybe University of Kearney, or University of Nebraska-Omaha to get my master’s degree. My mom is a nurse at a hospital and is glad she went to college for her job. I know I will too. 
Education will help me reach my goals. It will help me with ways to communicate with other people and mature over time. I will learn in classes about medications and what you do as a nurse. Education will also help me by making me strive for excellence. "You need a higher education to get a job that pays enough to support you or if you decide to have a family. When you graduate from high school, you are not mature enough and wise in the ways of the world to be on your own yet. You need your college years to learn more about real-life and who you want to be." -Nicole Scott. Nicole is my mom and is a nurse. 
One of the people that inspire me to go to college is my Grandma Esther Nielsen. She tried so hard in life to get a higher education and become a nurse. She went to a nursing school, when she finished that, she went to a nursing home to work there. After later years, she had a family and thought she needed a better job. So she went back to college and worked at a hospital. When she was about 60-65 years old, she quit again and worked at a nursing home for a easier job. Esther is now retired and lives in Niobrara, NE. She said it was tough to get a higher education, but in the end, it was all worth it. 
When I go to college, I want to know that I will be achieving something big. That nobody can stop me from finishing and getting a job. And if I decide become a professional athlete, nobody can tell me differently. I want to go to college to be successful. 


                         By: Chloe Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment